EA has revealed what’s new in FIFA 20‘s Career Mode on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The mode, which has remained largely unchanged for the last two years, is getting dynamic press conferences, updates to player potential, and more.
“Our vision was to breathe new life into the Manager Career experience by … [building] a variation of ever-changing stories that would surface to our players through pre- and post-match press conferences and player conversations,” EA said in a blog post.
That manifests itself in dynamic interviews with journalists both before and after big matches, with the journalists asking different questions “depending highly on the outcome, goals scored, opponent, time of season or stage of competition, and more.”
Similarly, managers can converse with players one-on-one through a “messaging app-like interface,” EA said. “The manager will have to deal with a variety of requests from players as well as happy or disgruntled players that are trying to get their thoughts across. The manager will have to find ways, either through direct actions or by communicating his/her stance in order to mitigate and solve these situations.”
Together, the two features contribute to a player’s morale, a system which has been revamped for FIFA 20. As well as conferences and one-on-ones, player morale is affected by playing time, wages, and both individual and team performances. High morale boosts players’ attributes, so picking the right answers and playing the right players are important considerations.
The final big new feature is dynamic player potential, whereby young stars’ potential overall rating will change depending on their performances. If, for example, a young striker is banging in the goals in his debut season, his potential peak rating will increase; similarly, an ageing player who’s still keeping up with modern football will see his stats drop off at a slower-than-expected rate.
Elsewhere, Career Mode contains a number of smaller tweaks and updates on the current iteration. These include:
- Improved manager customization, utilizing the new character creation tool seen in Volta and across FIFA 20–this means you can create female managers for the first time in FIFA.
- Rebranded user interfaces particular to the Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, and the MLS.
- New news screenshots and updates
- Two new environments for dynamic negotiation cutscenes to take place in: the restaurant and the rooftop lounge.
You can see the full list of bug fixes and balance changes in the list below, via EA. For more on this year’s game, check out everything we know about FIFA 20’s Ultimate Team, Pro Clubs, or Volta modes. The game launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC–with legacy editions coming to Switch and older platforms–on September 27.
FIFA 20: Career Mode Spot Fixes And Balance Changes
- Added an option in the player actions pop-up to add a player to the shortlist and immediately go to the transfer hub with the respective player.
- Redesigned Team Management layout to allow for easier player attribute comparison.
- Added an option to disable international management job offers at the start of a new career.
- Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
- Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players.
- Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation.
- Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity.
- Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season.
- League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings. Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs.
- Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches.
- Re-adjusted the number of saves to eight, inside Career Mode, to address the feedback received from our players during the ’19 cycle.
- Fixed multiple fixture congestion issues. The winter break roll-out this season, as well as the removal of the FA Cup 5th Round Replay, have improved fixture congestion issues in English leagues. We’ve slightly altered the authentic schedule of the English Championship by pushing its completion to a later date. This ensures that schedule conflict situations between Championship rounds and European football nights aren’t possible. A lot of the congestion issues reported by the community were happening with mid-week league rounds happening at the same time as European football, which, although unlikely in the real world, is a common occurrence in Career Mode.
- Added the new format and schedule of the Spanish Supercup.
- Added support to round down the points in leagues that split into play-offs and halve the points such as the Austrian Bundesliga.
- Updated usage of the fourth substitute in extra time to all competitions that support this new law of the game.
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-20-career-modes-new-features-revealed/1100-6468954/