Final Fantasy XIV fans should head over to Amazon, because the retailer is offering a free Fat Black Chocobo Mount DLC along with any game listed at $20 or more for the rest of June. Note that this even applies to games that are currently discounted below $20, so long as the list price is high enough. The deal follows up on E3 2019, where Square Enix revealed FFXIV’s upcoming, third expansion: Shadowbringers, which launches on July 3. That pairs most naturally with purchasing a time card for playing FFXIV itself, but if you’re already stocked up on MMO subscriptions, you can instead grab the DLC along with nearly any game or accessory. We’ve listed a few highlights below.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age for Switch — $42
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition for PS4 — $20
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition for XB1 — $11.11
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Set for PS4/XB1 — $20
- Lego Marvel Collection for PS4/XB1 — $30
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller — $50
- DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PS4 — $40
Shadowbringers is the third major expansion for Square Enix’s nearly decade-running MMORPG, and director Naoki Yoshida promised during the E3 reveal that it would contain as much new content as a standalone RPG. That includes the new gunbreaker class, the rabbit-like Viera as a new playable race, an increased level cap, and a New Game+ mode that lets players go through old missions again while retaining their progress. Perhaps most exciting, however, was the reveal that Shadowbringers includes a collaboration with Nier: Automata‘s auteur creative director, Yoko Taro, in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse 24-player raid, which is set in his game’s world.
Square Enix’s E3 2019 presentation featured a healthy dose of Final Fantasy all around, including more gameplay footage from the hotly-anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake. The studio also revealed Trials of Mana, a full 3D remake of the SNES cult curio (in the west, at least) Seiken Densetsu 3, which marks the game’s first English-language release. It will arrive on Switch, PS4, and PC in early 2020.
More E3 News:
- E3 2019’s biggest news
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 teased
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake release date announced
- Marvel’s Avengers revealed
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-14-will-be-flooded-with-fat-black-ch/1100-6467828/