Good news if you’ve been playing in this week’s Iron Banner event in Destiny 2‘s PvP Crucible–it’s now safe to turn in your bounties for Pinnacle gear drops. Bungie’s latest update to Destiny 2 changes its toughest gear climb, making the weapons and armor you’ll get from turning in Iron Banner bounties even better.
As Bungie detailed recently in a blog post, Update 220.127.116.11 makes brings a few key fixes to Destiny 2. For players reaching the highest peaks of the endgame, the most interesting is the change to Pinnacle gear drops. These are awarded from Destiny 2’s toughest activities, and are the only way to advance your gear’s Power score from the soft cap at 950 Power to the hard cap of 960. Bungie deliberately designed this climb to be slow and difficult, with Pinnacle drops only coming in at 1 Power point over your existing gear. But the climb to 960 turned out to be even slower and more arduous than Bungie anticipated.
In response, Pinnacle drops now come in at 2 Power points above the gear in the slot you got them, which should make the grind to 960 a little easier. And since the Iron Banner’s weekly bounties award Pinnacle drops, it means those bounties are worth more today than they were yesterday.
The patch also sees a few other key bug fixes to help you earn one of the best weapons in Destiny 2 right now. Bungie has fixed an issue with the Izanagi’s Burden quest from the Black Armory expansion last year, in which earning the items necessary to advance the quest wasn’t actually advancing the quest. If you’re working on Izanagi’s now, you should be able to make progress and finally claim one of the best snipers in the game (and a gun that’s extremely useful in the Garden of Salvation raid).
Finally, Bungie fixed an issue with the Exotic fusion rifle Telesto, which was allowing players to artificially increase the regeneration speed of Supers using the Ashes to Assets perk. As a result, Telesto was disabled in the game–but that perk has been fixed, and the gun should be back in the rotation. Check out the full patch notes below.
Update 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue causing Forge Keys to not count towards Mysterious Box (Izanagi’s Burden) Quest Progression
- Players affected by this should find the corresponding objective marked correctly after logging in.
- Fixed an issue where the Obsidian Crystal would not give Quest Progression
- Players affected by this will need to reacquire a Black Armory Rare bounty, and then complete and claim it to get another Obsidian Crystal.
- Adjusted the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1
- The Season Pass weapons Pluperfect and Temporal Clause now have a chance to drop from Vex Offensive after you have obtained them.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the Weekly Eris Challenge to not drop a Powerful reward
- Fixed an issue causing the “Ashes to Assets” perk to provide Super energy at an unintended level
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-patch-notes-pinnacles-tweaked-izanagis-b/1100-6471267/