The daily reset in Destiny 2 on Fridays means one thing: the arrival of Xur, the curious-looking curator of curios. The merchant is back with a new slate of Exotics for sale from now until the weekly reset on Tuesday, but first you’ll need to track him down. Here’s where to find Xur, what he’s selling, and what rolls the armor pieces have this week.
Where Is Xur?
Xur is located on Io this week. Head to the Giant’s Scar landing zone, hop on your Sparrow, and proceed forward, through the opening in the structure to the right side in front of you. Follow the path to the left and proceed past the giant support on the left, and up ahead you’ll see an opening in the cliffside. Head inside, turn right, and you’ll see Xur camped out and waiting for you.
What Is Xur Selling?
Xur is operating as always, with the same number of items as usual. There’s one Exotic weapon and three pieces of armor, one for each class. Unfortunately, none of these four comes from the Forsaken expansion, so you’ll have to make do with Year One Exotics. He also has a Five of Swords challenge card (free) for adjusting modifiers in Nightfall Strikes, and an Invitation of the Nine (nine Legendary Shards) that allows you to complete some objectives to advance the story and get a Powerful reward.
- Coldheart (Exotic trace rifle) — 29 Legendary Shards
- Starfire Protocol (Exotic Warlock chest armor) — 23 Legendary Shards
- Aeon Swift (Exotic Hunter gauntlets) — 23 Legendary Shards
- Eternal Warrior (Exotic Titan helmet) — 23 Legendary Shards
One of the few trace rifles in the game, Coldheart is a powerful weapon, shooting a nonstop beam of energy that–thanks to the Longest Winter trait–increases in damage the longer you fire it at a target.
Starfire Protocol is a Warlock chest armor comes with Fusion Harness, which provides an additional grenade charge when using Fusion grenades. Kills with those grant Rift energy.
- Slot 1: Unflinching Hand Cannon Aim, Unflinching Sidearm Aim, Unflinching Machine Gun
- Slot 2: Pulse Rifle Reserves, Sidearm Reserves
Aeon Swift is a set of Hunter gauntlets with the intrinsic trait Aeon Energy. This provides a buff when other nearby players are using their respective Aeon Cult Exotics. Aeon Swift specifically provides a buff to nearby Aeon users when you dodge; it gives dodge energy to Hunters, melee energy to Titans and grenade energy to Warlocks. You’ll see a visual cue on the gauntlets when someone nearby is using an Aeon item, but non-users will still get a bonus, albeit a smaller one.
- Slot 1: Shotgun Loader, Impact Induction, Momentum Transfer
- Slot 2: Grenade Launcher Scavenger, Rocket Launcher Scavenger
Titans’ Eternal Warrior helmet offers the Resolute trait, which provides an overshield when you activate the Fists of Havoc Super. Like Starfire Protocol, that makes it most useful when you’re rolling with that particular Super.
- Slot 1: Auto Rifle Targeting, Power Weapon Targeting, Enhanced Bow Targeting
- Slot 2: Fusion Rifle Reserves, Machine Gun Reserves
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/where-is-xur-today-destiny-2-location-and-items-ju/1100-6468540/