Although we scout out the best deals on games and gaming accessories all year, nothing beats the incredible blowout sales we typically see during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Consoles, games, accessories, and tech all get deep discounts in the days after Thanksgiving, which can make saving tons of money on all your favorite games (and holiday shopping for your loved ones, of course) a hectic endeavor.
Black Friday 2019 is now only a week away–with many deals set to begin even sooner than that–and whether you have a long list of loved ones to buy for or a personal wishlist, it’s best to have a plan when Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll around this year. Luckily, many brick-and-mortar retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target have already begun sharing their Black Friday 2019 ads, giving us a closer look at what deals will be available and when. In fact, we already know most of what’s to come, with some exceptions like Nintendo Switch’s Eshop and Steam.
Read on for everything you need to know to prepare for this year’s Black Friday, including the best deals to be aware of at different retailers across gaming (including PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch hardware and games), tech, and entertainment.
When is Black Friday 2019?
Well, it’s tricky. Black Friday is technically the day after Thanksgiving, of course, so it falls on November 29 this year. But many retailers have begun offering deals already, making the entire month of November fair game for pre-Black Friday discounts. While the schedule varies from store to store, most of the best deals seem to be starting on Wednesday, November 27, or on Thanksgiving Day. Other deals won’t be available until Black Friday itself. Once Black Friday kicks into full gear, the deals will mostly like continue through the weekend and pick up steam again on Cyber Monday.
Because the schedule of Black Friday deals varies so widely from store to store, here’s an overview of when we know deals will be available for Best Buy, Target, Microsoft, Ebay, and other major retailers for Black Friday this year. Please note that start times often differ based on whether the deal is online or in brick-and-mortar stores. As more retailers release their Black Friday ads, we’ll include that information here.
Black Friday store schedule
Most of Best Buy’s deals will be available starting on Thanksgiving, presumably in the morning for online shopping and later on at 5 PM for brick-and-mortar stores. However, pre-Black Friday deals are already live on Best Buy’s site.
- November 11-20: For 10 days throughout November, Best Buy will make one doorbuster available for purchase. The first product will be an LG 55-inch 4K Smart TV for $300.
- November 28-December 1: All Black Friday deals and doorbusters will be available.
- Online deals start on Thanksgiving (unknown time)
Best Buy store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 5 PM – 1 AM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 8 AM – 10 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 9 AM – 10 PM
- Sunday, Dec. 1: 11 AM – 8PM
At GameStop, online deals will go live beginning at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET on Wednesday, November 27. For brick-and-mortar GameStop stores, doors will open quite early on Thanksgiving Day, starting at 3 PM this year.
GameStop store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 3 PM – 10 PM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 7 AM – 10 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 10 AM – 9 PM
- Sunday, Dec. 1: 11 AM – 7 PM
While Amazon has opened a small (but growing) number of brick-and-mortar stores across the US, the bulk of its Black Friday discounts will be available on Amazon.com. Because Amazon is primarily an online store, it’s not waiting until the end of the month to start offering its Black Friday deals. Instead, Amazon launched its Happy HoliDeals sale on November 1 with discounts across gaming, tech, entertainment, and other categories. Then, starting on November 22, more deals will be available on Amazon, including a wide range of smart devices. Basically, Amazon will have deals going live all the time, so check back often.
- November 1-22: Pre-Black Friday deals available in Happy HoliDeals sale
- Starting November 22: More deals will go live every day up until Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and probably the week after Cyber Monday.
On the Wednesday before Black Friday, Target will have some special access deals for RedCard and Circle members. Otherwise, online deals will become available to everyone Thanksgiving morning, with brick-and-mortar stores opening at 5 PM on Thanksgiving Day this year.
- November 27: RedCard Early Access Sale runs all day, with select deals for Circle members available starting at 6 PM (online only)
- November 28-30: Black Friday deals and doorbusters available
- Online deals become available starting Thanksgiving morning through November 30 while supplies last
- December 1-8: Cyber Week deals available (online only)
Target store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 5 PM – 1 AM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 7 AM – 11 PM (normal closing time)
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 8 AM – 11 PM (normal hours)
Walmart has quite a few early Black Friday deals that are available now, but its official pre-Black Friday sale begins November 22, with the full lineup of Black Friday deals becoming available on Wednesday, November 27. At Walmart stores, deals will become available to claim at 6 PM on Thanksgiving Day.
- Available now: Select deals are available now, including the aforementioned iPad Pro deal.
- November 22: Pre-Black Friday sale begins. Deals haven’t been announced at this time.
- November 27-29: All Black Friday deals will be available
- Online deals start Wednesday, November 27 at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET
- See Black Friday store hours below
Walmart store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: Black Friday deals start at 6 PM local time. Check with your local store, but typically Walmart lets you come early and fill up your cart before Black Friday sales officially start. You just have to wait until 6 PM to checkout.
- Friday, Nov. 29: Check with your local store. Many Walmart stores are open 24 hours/day.
Microsoft announced its Xbox deals and start times during X019. Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold subscribers get early access to Microsoft’s Black Friday Xbox deals starting November 21. Subscribers can log in and start shopping from any Xbox or Windows 10 device. Starting November 24, Microsoft’s Black Friday deals will open up to everyone and will be available until December 2 (or while supplies last). In addition to Xbox deals, you’ll find some nice discounts on gaming laptops, monitors, headphones, and more during Black Friday.
- November 21: Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold members start shopping
- November 24-December 2: Official Xbox deals available to everyone
Black Friday 2019 retailer ads and deals
Quite a few major retailers have released their full 2019 Black Friday ads; at the very least, many stores have shared when their deals will be available and what type of products will be on sale this year. Catch up on everything you need to know about Black Friday 2019 at Best Buy, Target, Microsoft, and more in our retailer-specific Black Friday previews. Among the major retailers, GameStop is conspicuously missing, but we expect the games retailer will reveal its Black Friday ad soon. Keep in mind that the digital game stores, like Steam, the Nintendo Eshop, and the PlayStation Store, will have their own sales as well, but those deals haven’t been announced yet.
- Best Buy Black Friday deals
- Target Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Walmart Black Friday deals
- Microsoft Black Friday deals
- Ebay Black Friday deals
- Newegg Black Friday deals
- Dell Black Friday deals
- Kohl’s Black Friday deals
- Costco Black Friday deals
- Office Depot Black Friday deals
Best Black Friday 2019 deals so far
With quite a few retailers’ Black Friday ads under our belt already, we’re starting to get an idea of what the best Black Friday deals will be this year. Keeping in mind that some of these products aren’t live anywhere yet (meaning we can’t link them), here are some of the best upcoming deals that will be available during Black Friday 2019.
Best PS4 deals
- PS4 Slim holiday bundle with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, and The Last of Us Remastered — $200
- PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games — $200
- PlayStation VR bundle with Astro Bot and Moss (plus $60 Kohl’s cash) — $200
- DualShock 4 wireless controllers — $40
Best Xbox One deals
- Xbox One X bundle with Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe Edition and 3 months of Xbox Live Gold — $350
- Xbox One S bundle with Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and $40 Target gift card — $200
- Xbox One S All-Digital Edition bundle — $150
- Xbox One wireless controllers — $20 off
Best Nintendo Switch deals
- Nintendo Switch (old model) with free digital copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and screen protector — $300
- Nintendo Switch (updated model) with carrying case and charging dock with $90 Kohl’s Cash — $320
- Joy-Cons (Gray or Neon Red/Blue) — $60
- Poke Ball Plus — $20
- Nintendo Switch Elite Edition Starter Kit — $15
- Insignia Power Pack for Switch/Switch Lite — $12.50
How to get the best Black Friday deals
It’s all about speed, baby. Black Friday is like Prime Day on steroids, with almost every retailer throwing their hat into the ring and competing to offer the best deals. Now that retailers have begun releasing their Black Friday ads, look through them closely and take note of what deals you’re interested in as well as their start times. You can also use CamelCamelCamel to check the price history on products at Amazon and browser extension Honey to find coupons from across the web. Browser add-on PriceBlink will also let you know if a specific product is cheaper elsewhere. Finally, if you spot a product at an incredible price during Black Friday or Cyber Monday, don’t wait to buy it. The best deals will be gone in a flash.
Of course, you’ll also want to stay tuned to GameSpot as we highlight the best deals on games, electronics, and entertainment leading up to and during Black Friday. Be sure to follow GameSpot Deals on Twitter so you don’t miss the hottest discounts. Plus, see our sister sites for more Black Friday tech deals, Black Friday kitchen deals, and Black Friday fashion and beauty deals.
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/black-friday-2019-early-ads-start-times-best-deals/1100-6470200/