NetherRealm has issued a new Mortal Kombat 11 update that appears to include a significant new feature–though it is nowhere in the official patch notes. The version 1.13 update history when viewed on PS4 has a note that it “Add cross-play.”
That would suggest that the update allows PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch players to battle it out without platform restrictions, but the official patch notes for PS4 aand Xbox One strangely make no mention of the feature. Those notes, which you can read in full below, focus on some minor gameplay adjustments and Towers of Time fixes, among other tweaks.
The reason for the disparity isn’t clear. The feature could be incoming sometime in the future. GameSpot has contacted NetherRealm for clarification.
MK11 December 12 Patch Notes
General Gameplay Adjustments
- Fixed an issue causing several Krushing Blows to do slightly increased damage
- Added an Newsletter Subscription option which rewards players with a Raiden Announcer Voice for signing up
- Fixed an issue that was causing Nightwolf, Sindel, & Terminator Augments to not work as intended
Kombat League / Online
- Reduced the Kombat League Point Cap that a player can lose in a match to 50
Towers of Time
- Fixed an issue with certain attacks killing the opponent at the same time a modifier activates during an Endurance Match causing a long delay before the next opponent appears
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the camera to get out of bounds when a Fatal Blow or Krushing Blow occurs while the Ice Totem is active
Character Specific Adjustments
- Baraka – Blood Lunge’s Krushing Blow works correctly again in all situations
from GameSpot – Game News https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-11-may-be-getting-cross-play/1100-6472163/